Friday, July 13, 2007

Week 4, Thing 9

Just placed the Blogline tutorial on my links. Something really to study several times over. Without the tutorial I never would have thought of putting Flickr photos on blog feeds or using blogs to track down podcasts. Now I just have to figure out how to download the podcasts to the computer (can I use my usual iTunes?) and upload to the iPod. I shouldn't worry about that--the kids at school can tell me easily enough.

Google has just introduced "gadgets" for use on personalized Google home pages. Added a school libraries link in about one second--I was checking on something and Google asked me if I wanted to add the gadget. A very intuitive program, to the degree that having a personalized homepage with them makes me not want to use other sites--obviously their goal. And they are very successful at it. Definitely time for each student to have his/her own home page, with blog and RSS feeds, along with a link for Harbor High's library site. One thing to do during this project is to find some links with which every student should be familiar.

No comments: